The Center of The Ford Plantation.
The Ford Plantation’s Main House originally served as automobile magnate Henry Ford’s winter estate. Constructed between 1936 and 1938, the Greek Revival style mansion was built with Savannah gray bricks recycled from the circa 1820 Hermitage Plantation.
The first floor of The Main House includes a library, a breakfast room, a kitchen and a formal living room that is used for discussion dinners, book club dinners, wine dinners and other special events such as musical evenings where the Savannah Music Festival’s best play just for Ford members and their guests. The second floor provides five elegant suites available to members and guests.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Main House is sited on the Ogeechee River. With the river to the rear and a huge formal lawn in the front, the setting makes The Main House a spectacular location for special events from New Year’s Eve parties to weddings.
© 2015 Ford Plantation All Rights Reserved 12511 Ford Ave Richmond Hill, GA 31324 | 912.756.5666
Obtain the Property Reports required by federal law and read it before signing anything. No federal agency has judged the merits of value, if any of this property. This is not an offer where registration is required prior to any other being made. Void where prohibited by law